Learn how to connect to an open, secure, or hidden Wi-Fi network. You can also create a new Wi-Fi network.
To connect Mac OS X to a third-party wireless access point that is configured to use WEP, format your password one of these two ways: 1. Hexadecimal - precede the string with a dollar sign ($). Fujitsu fi-6770 scanner driver for mac.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
Click in the menu bar, then choose a network. If Wi-Fi is off, click , then select Turn Wi-Fi On.*
If you connect to a public Wi-Fi network, a window might appear with terms and conditions you're asked to agree to before you can connect.
Connect to a secure Wi-Fi network
Secure Wi-Fi networks are password-protected and have by their names.
- Click in the menu bar. If Wi-Fi is off, click , then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.*
- Choose a network.
- Enter the password, then click Join. If you don't know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact the network administrator.
Connect to a hidden network
- Click in the menu bar. If Wi-Fi is off, choose , then choose Turn Wi-Fi On.*
- Choose Join Other Network.
- Enter the network name. Make sure you enter the network name correctly.
- If the network is secure, choose the Security type, then enter the password.
- Click Join.
Learn what to do if you can't connect to a hidden network.
Create a Wi-Fi network
If you have Internet service at your location, you can connect an AirPort base station or a third-party router to your modem to create a Wi-Fi network. Use the setup guide for your AirPort base station, or check your third-party router's manual for help.
* If you don't see the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar, you can add it back. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, click Network, click Wi-Fi, then select 'Show Wi-Fi status in menu bar'.
Use Personal Hotspot
Download photoshop portable for mac. With most carrier plans, you can share the cellular data connection of your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) with your Mac.
Learn how to set up Personal Hotspot.
To connect to the Internet over a wired connection, connect an Ethernet cable between your router or modem and the Ethernet port on your Mac.
Some Macs require an Ethernet adapter like the Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, or the Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
- Use recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points.